Google uses privacy settings to do two important things. First, it helps you to control your personal privacy features. You can control your level of personal privacy by adjusting specific settings. Second, Google privacy settings to help secure your data better. The company collects specific information about you and then uses the information to improve its security features. For you to gain more from Google privacy settings, you need to understand a few things. Here are some of the most important things that you need to note when using Google privacy settings:
How Google secures your data
There are several things that Google does which help to keep you secure when you use any of the services of Google. The following is a brief description of some of the most important things that Google does to keep you secure.
- Google encrypts all the data that you send and receive when you use any of their services. In general, encryption helps companies to secure the data of their clients. When a company encrypts your data, it means that third parties cannot easily access your data. In this case, when you move your data across multiple devices or even when you do a simple thing like sending an email, Google encrypts your data. The company uses advanced encryption protocols such as Transport Layer Security to encrypt your data and secure your privacy.
- The company uses highly advanced security features to manage its cloud computing services. In the recent past, many companies and individuals are increasingly relying on cloud computing services to store and manage their data. The success of this approach entirely depends on how well cloud storage services perform regarding stability and reliability. Google has some of the best cloud computing infrastructural facilities. Besides, the company constantly monitors the performance of its cloud computing services to ensure that clients can access data at any time and from any place.
- Third, Google does not access your data. Also, the company cannot give governments or any other third parties access to your data. This is an important practice because it helps to protect your privacy. It is possible for governments to pester leading tech companies for data about clients. In some countries, authoritarian governments may attempt to access the data of individuals as part of the process of censoring the internet. However, Google does not give access to your data to third parties. This means that your data remains with Google forever.
Google privacy settings to protect data
As much as Google goes a long way to secure your data, you still have a role to play in the process. Here are some of the things that you can do to help Google secure your data in a better way.
- You can choose the type of data that you would like the general public to view on your Google profile. The amount of data that the public can see on your profile shows how well you manage your personal privacy. Whether you would like to show all the details about your profile to the public or hide most of the information about yourself, Google allows you to do this. You can review all the data that is available to the public on your Google profile. This feature lets you control your personal privacy when you are using any of the Google services.
- You can control the types of advertisements that you receive. Given that Google gets its revenue from online ads, it follows that you cannot escape from ads. However, you can personalise and control the type of advertisements that you see when you are using any of the Google services. You can use the security feature to personalise your advertisements. This will ensure that Google only lets you see advertisements about products and services that you are likely to be interested in.
In conclusion, Google privacy settings to help secure your data. You can also use the feature to help the company secure your data the more. Choose the types of advertisements that you would like to see when using any of the products of the company. You can also review your personal information and choose the data that you would like the general public to see.