Netflix is now one of the leading companies that stream movies and TV shows to clients across the world. Netflix has been in business for a couple of decades now. Currently, the company operates at the global level, where it streams content to clients in various parts of the world. One biggest problem with Netflix is that the content that it streams to different countries varies considerably. Thus, if you are accessing Netflix while in the United States, you will have very many shows and movies to choose from as compared to a person in a different country. However, you can get a US Netflix account outside the US. Here are the details of how you can go about it:
The essentials to get a US Netflix account outside the US
For you to successfully get a US Netflix account outside the US, you need the following things:
- A functioning VPN account – A VPN service helps you to unblock geo-restricted content from anywhere successfully. You can access any website regardless of your location. Although there are many other ways that you can use to unblock Netflix US in this case, you should use a VPN.
- Standard computing or mobile devices – If you are using a desktop computer, make sure that the computer supports high-speed internet browsing. It is important to check the specifications of your machine if you are not sure that it performs very well when connecting to the internet.
- A suitable payment method – One of the most common payment methods that you can use is a US PayPal account. Alternatively, you can use a credit or debit card. All the familiar brands of debit and credit cards can serve you well in the process. If you don’t have the debit or credit card, read our guide to get a Netflix without credit card.
- A US postal address – Since you will be fooling Netflix to believe that you are in the United States, you must have a real US postal address.
Here is a step-by-step guidance on how you can get a US Netflix account when you are outside the US:
- Sign up with Netflix – The process of signing up for an account on the Netflix website is relatively easy. You need to type in your valid email address. Here, you can also create an account using your social media profile.
- Choose a membership plan – Once you successfully create an account with Netflix, you will have to choose a membership plan. There are three membership plans. Every plan has specific benefits such as whether or not you can split your screen while streaming content and the number of shows you can access. Consequently, the plans have different prices. Therefore, choose a plan that suits your budget.
- Making the payment – Netflix offers a free trial to all its new customers. It is after the month is over that the company starts to bill you. However, you do not have to wait until the company starts to send you reminders for you to pay. In fact, by choosing a plan and entering your financial details, you make the entire process simple.
When paying for the service, you need to be careful enough to use the correct details. Make sure that you use a valid US postal address to show that you are in the United States. Also, if you are using PayPal to pay for the service, make sure that you use a US PayPal account. Alternatively, you can use any one of the standard debit and credits cards to pay for your membership plan.
When signing up for a US Netflix account from a different country, you need to avoid the following pitfalls:
- Using a wrong postal address – Make sure that you have the correct US postal address. You can learn how US postal addresses look like. Besides, you can use online fake identity generating websites to get a valid US postal address for your use.
- Possible blockades – At times, Netflix may successfully block traffic from VPN services. If this happens when you are in the process of signing up for a Netflix US account, you may experience difficulties. However, you can play with your VPN preferred settings if this happens to you during the setup process.
In conclusion, you can successfully get a US Netflix account by following the process described here. As long as you have a good VPN account and the other essentials, you can get a US Netflix account outside the US and enjoy all the shows that Netflix streams to its US clients.