Netflix is one of the most popular video content platforms at the moment. In fact, it boasts of the best content anyone can find in one place. Most beloved shows can be found here. The problem has been that Netflix is not available in all countries of the world. Even where it is found outside the United States, not all shows can be enjoyed. This is referred to as geo-restriction and is used by many companies offering services outside their domicile locations to limit their services.
To do this, firms such as Netflix simply look at the IP address of the user to determine their location. To overcome this scenario, one has to cheat the Netflix servers into thinking they are from the United States. The best way to do so is to use a VPN service. A virtual private network works by hiding the actual IP address of the user and assigning them another one.
Using ExpressVPN to Access Netflix
ExpressVPN is the best VPN service you can use at the moment. This service comes with various benefits for users as a VPN. They include:
- Ability to access geo-restricted sites such as Netflix.
- Surf the web anonymously.
- The VPN does not keep a record of any of your online sessions to offer the best privacy available.
- The speeds at which one surfs the web are increased with the use of ExpressVPN. The servers to this service communicate at high speeds. This has the benefit of ensuring that when movies you load when watching Netflix do not stop to allow work buffering. Simply hit the play button and you are good thing go.
- Using a VPN service also increases the level of security of your web experience. You don’t want anyone snooping on your web sessions and the only way to achieve that state of peace is through the use of ExpressVPN.
At the moment, one can use ExpressVPN to access Netflix on various devices including Windows, Mac, Android, iPad, iPhone, and Apple TV. The sweetest part is that you get a whole month of free use to determine if that is what you want. It is a guaranteed money-back trial. To enjoy this capability, follow these simple steps below:
- Simply sign up for the ExpressVPN service from whatever device you will be using.
- Select any location of your choice in the US as determined by the servers in the US owned by ExpressVPN.
- Log into your Netflix subscription and start enjoying the content offered.
It is that simple!
The ExpressVPN service allows you to gauge the speed of each VPN server in the location of your choice (the US in this case). Use the tool in choosing the right server as it will also determine the quality of the video you will be getting.
The video quality recommendations and their corresponding internet speeds from Netflix are;
- Minimum quality for 500 kbps of internet speeds.
- Less than 480p for 1.5 Mbps of internet speed.
- 480p or better (standard quality video) at speeds of 3 Mbps.
- 720p or better (high definition video) at speeds of 5 Mbps.
- Ultra HD at speeds of 25 Mbps. This is 1080p or better quality.
In the case that you notice any form of a slowdown in the internet connection, you should simply find the right server for the quality of video you need.
Factors to Consider
Using ExpressVPN to access Netflix content requires that you have your own Netflix service. Netflix and ExpressVPN are different services very much independent of each other. If you already have an account with Netflix, sign in with that account. If not, open one with ease. ExpressVPN is simply a service to allow you browse faster and securely beside overcoming the location barriers erected by Netflix.
Also, Netflix can be watched on many different devices and operating systems. The laptop and desktop environment requires accessing it through a web browser. These include macOS, Windows and Linux. The mobile devices have specific apps for each namely iOS and Android apps. There is also an app for the Apple TV that allows you to cast the Netflix content onto the big screen.
Don’t limit your use of ExpressVPN to watching Netflix alone. Yes, you can binge on the shows but ExpressVPN is much more than a Netflix unlocker. You can use it to surf the web and access any content that has not been made available in your area.