Technology!! What a wonderful friend indeed. But with every new friend in life, a problem follows. And in this case, we are talking about keyloggers.
Keyloggers are devices or programs rather which make use keystrokes and are used for different purposes including surveillance or in some cases spying. The keylogger is used as a way to directly intrude into users’ computers, smartphones, or any other technology device that may be connected to the Internet. It is one of the problems of working on the Internet, smartly hidden but smartly executed. It works in the background in a way that you will not know it’s functional and harvests data before it sends to a different server where the next job is done. A range of different countermeasures is needed if you are going to protect yourself from keyloggers.
Here are some tips, measures, and ways you can avoid keyloggers and their actions:
First of all, you have to understand that there is a keylogger, and your job is to protect yourself from the problem. Since you are the one who knows what is more important to you, you are therefore supposed to protect your data very well. Try to protect yourself and your devices by looking out for these things.
Tools Available To Avoid Keyloggers
- Firewall – this is one of the best ways to stop thieves from stealing data from you. They can stop the thieves and at the same time make you and your computer invisible to the hackers. Threat traffic coming in and out will be killed regardless. They can also kill malicious programs easily. If they are working as well as they should be then, you can connect to any network you want and still be safe, and you also get real-time security updates which can be nothing other than an advantage.
- Password Manager – they can store passwords securely for users and also. There are many managers who are available on the Internet and are free and can be used in different browsers.
- Clipperz – this is an online vault that people are using to keep their data-oblivious to any other snooper out there. All the data will be locally encrypted, and the encryption key will be paraphrased and only the users have access to it. Anonymous and transparent, and can store data and passwords in a confidential manner. It is everything you would ever need to help yourself.
- Keepass – sometimes known as KeepassX if it pertains to Linux or Mac OS. If you have many accounts, and you put different passwords on all of them, then this is the best tool have. You can keep all your passwords in one vault, and you just have to remember one password.
- LastPass – it is hassle free and, inexpensive and fast with some effortless browsing. It is highly recommended in this fast paced world we live in.
There are lots of software available on the market which can help you to avoid keyloggers. Here are some of them:
- Key Scrambler – used in encrypting key strokes. It has technology that can be used to encrypt algorithms and also has an empowerment which is used to know when the program is active.
- Zemana anti-logger – it is an anti-logger product, has private and financial data protection on it also. The product provides up to date protection, avoid keyloggers, SSL intrusion prevention, and the antivirus compatibility. It also has a very good Premium feature.
- Sandboxie – a cost of $34.95 for lifetime use on one single computer might be worth it to get security from web browser threats, and data protection. It is also used in application testing of the Win 7, 10, 32 and the 64 bit version. It is also used for the Firefox browser, the Cyber Fox and Opera browser and many others.
Antivirus products can also be used in the protection of data. Some of the reputable antivirus programs include; Norton Anti-Virus, Kaspersky, Trend AV, MacAfee, and AVG. Antispyware tools, online cyber attacks, and anti exploit tools can also be used to help with the security and protection of private data.